Friday, May 30, 2008

New thrills for '08


USA Today recently ran a great article with an extensive list of new theme park attractions for 2008. Myrtle Beach, SC, former home to such lamented fun spots as Magic Harbor (a.k.a. Haunted Harbor) and the Pavilion Amusement Park, gets the most exciting addition with a much-needed brand new theme park: Hard Rock Park. My family usually vacation several times a year in Myrtle Beach. I haven't been since my honeymoon in '89 (yes, I was a child groom) but this just might be enough incentive to get me back down there.

Pictured: (top) Farenheit at Hersheypark, Hershey, PA., (bottom) The Simpsons Ride, Universal Studios, Orlando, FL. From USA Today.

Hard Rock Park videos:

Led Zeppelin - The Ride & The Eagles' Life In The Fast Lane (coasters)

Bohemian Rhapsody (nightly laser/fireworks/effects show)

----------------
Listening to: Al Green - Take Your Time ft Corinne Bailey Rae